“Who’s in charge here?”
(Toy Story – Buzz Lightyear 1995)
We present to you our fearless leaders.
Humility, servanthood, and a sense of humor since 1989!
Steve T Vaughan, CEO
Mr. Steve Vaughan as the CEO of SquadBuilders, a healthcare service corporation, has been privileged to lead in a number of key positions throughout his 37-year career for Fortune 100 Company’s as well as high-tech startups. Steve grew up in Italy with his family until coming back to the States to finish High School and University studies. After graduating, Steve started his career as a 2nd Lt. for the United States Air Force (USAF) as a nuclear missile combat crew commander. Finishing that assignment, Steve lead a team of software developer’s managing our nation’s nuclear assets at what was then Strategic Air Command HQ’s in Omaha, NE. After leaving the USAF, Steve took a position as a technology consultant for Arthur Young, working out of New York City. Coming to Kansas City, Steve took a leadership position in Sprint leading teams of software developers writing leading edge communication software. Steve had the opportunity to start three companies in which one lead to the creation of SquadBuilders. During this time Steve also managed as Vice President of Product Management for a San Francisco high-tech company; Genesys. Shortly after leaving Genesys, Steve directed a large global high-tech consulting group for Cisco Systems in San Jose, CA for eight years. Completing time with Cisco Systems, Steve finished his corporate time with Interactive Intelligence as the Vice President of Cloud Computing out of Indianapolis, with global responsibilities. His experience and time will be valuable for the continued growth of SquadBuilders and it’s nationwide plans.
Ryan Vaughan, General Manager
- Can’t live without? My wife Heather and our amazing kiddos (Lyla, Lynnlee, Russell, Rhett and Reed)
- Attribute my success to? My many failures and there are too many to count.
- Coffee or tea? Why? Coffee. Something about coffee being for closers? 😉
- First live concert? Tom Petty, summer of 1998
- Most influential person in your life? My father has made the single most impression on me regarding fatherhood and leadership.
David Graham, Division Director
- Can’t live without? Golf, red meat and really good pizza.
- Attribute my success to? Faith in God and good old-fashioned hard work.
- Favorite movie quote? “They may take away our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom!” Braveheart
- Saturday morning plans? Pancakes made from scratch and quality time with my family. Sports Center included.
- Coffee or tea? Why? Coffee – because America has it in our veins.
- First live concert? In an arena setting? I have to confess I think it was Hanson with my sister when I was 10 maybe. Those Tulsa natives can jam.
- Most influential person in your life? My father Keith, without a doubt.
Erica Dennis, Senior Staffing Manager
- Attribute my success to? I am sure the expected answer should be all of the people who have been in my life and supported me through the good and bad times. That is the case for me as well, however I would have to say that all of my trials and tribulations that I have experienced in my lifetime are the true reasons for any success in my life. Those times have given me a thirst to survive and succeed.
- Favorite movie quote? I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and there is one quote that has always resonated with me ” It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities ” Albus Dumbledorf
- First live concert? Michael Jackson on his Victory tour July 7th, 1984 at Arrowhead Stadium (KCMO). I remember being afraid of the “monsters” when he performed Thriller. I danced and sang to every song until I got to meet the King of Pop and immediately froze. I was in celebrity shell shock for sure!
- Most influential person in your life? Is it cheesy to say, my husband? Of course, I have had many people in my life who have helped me to become the woman I am today. I have also been blessed to find a partner to navigate this thing called life. He is the yin to my yang in every way and he makes me want to be a better person.