2016 was an outstanding year for our company. It was filled with growth, fun, expansion, a move and even some recognition. As I reflect on what has been a busy year, I am thankful to so many.
To my family and friends, who have been with us and seen this company grow over the years, offering support along the way. To our employees, none of this would happen without you and your dedication to being the very best, every single day. To our valued employers, thank you for trusting us with your staffing needs, day in and day out. And to our clients looking for placement (or who have been placed)- thank you for allowing us to find that perfect fit for you.
So what was SquadBuilders up to in 2016?
- Our company's growth and expansion culminated in a move to new offices in Overland Park, Kansas. When asked about it, I had this to say, "I think we have found our home. We love being in Overland Park. It is a great city with quick access to downtown and many other attractions. We share a home with some of the largest companies in the world; Cerner and Sprint to name a few. Several of our team members moved from neighboring states to work with us. We are excited for the future of this town." (Read more on our move here.)
- My father, Steve Vaughan, was brought on as CEO. He brings over 37 years’ Fortune 100 experience to SquadBuilders. In addition, he has held key positions in tech startup companies.
- Timothy Bronars was welcomed to our team. As Division Director, he launched our newly-created Healthcare IT Division. This division allows us to enhance and grow our service offerings to the healthcare community.
- We landed at #29 on the Ingrams list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in Kansas City!
- SquadBuilders was named to Inc. Magazine's Inc. 5000- One of America's Fastest Growing Private Companies. In the 35th annual Inc. 5000, the most prestigious list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies are listed. Our company is proud of our 3-year sales growth of 169%!
- Our travel division expanded into several new markets within the midwest.
- Finally, we launched our new hire gift basket program where we drop ship "goodie" baskets to new nurses when they go on assignment!
As far as 2017 goes, look for us to continue expanding our reach into new markets within the travel nursing division. We are very excited with the opportunities surrounding our new HCIT division as we have found a trusted leader in Timothy who has very high aspirations for a national reach by year's end (working with some of the most well known nationally ranked hospital systems in the country).
So, if I had to sum up the outlook for 2017 I would say, "Look out, buckle up, here we go, again!"