1. In general, the staffing firm becomes your advocate and represents you (much like a sports agent for a pro ball player) – from the time you apply for a job through the firm and submit your resume. In most cases there is no fee to you as you are the candidate; the employer is the client. Your link is the SquadBuilders recruiter who contacts or helps you. Having a relationship with your recruiter is like having a safety net even if you're not actively looking for a job. You gain the assurance that there are always options that could be presented to you in the event your current situation changes!
2. A good recruiter will go over your resume with you line by line, and discuss your experiences, your interests and non-work experience- all of these factors are uncovered and discussed.
3. A good recruiter will prime you for information relevant to the position that you may not have thought to mention in your resume. A good recruiter knows a lot about the job market!
4. Recruiters also have access to jobs that aren't posted and can gain their candidates access to the hiring managers/decision makers.
5. You can ask the recruiter candid (and revealing) questions that you may not want to ask the prospective employer directly to gain knowledge of the hiring company.
6. Recruiters can network for you confidentially, if need be. They can talk about your qualifications to a potential employer and only share your name and identifying information if there is mutual interest.
7. In general, the recruiter has “the ears” of the company. Use this to your advantage! It’s like having a foot in the door to a company before you even get started.
8. If you are interested in temporary assignments, they can allow job seekers flexibility. At the end of your assignment, you can reach out to your recruiter to find the next one that meets your needs.
9. Using your recruiter to take on a temporary role can help you gain experience or stay up-to-date with the latest technologies or certifications in your industry. This can ultimately make you more marketable for future positions.
10. In order to find the right job for their candidates, recruiters and staffing specialists are prepared to provide job seekers with valuable career advice! Remember: your success is their success!
If you think you’ve got what it takes to #JoinTheSquad, please contact us! We’re here to help you find that win-win! Good luck!